|In Their Words: A Genealogist's Translation
Guide to Polish, German, Latin, and Russian
Documents - Volume III: Latin
Authors: Jonathan Shea and William F. Hoffman
ISBN 978-0-9631579-8-0 Copyright 2013
This publication includes:
* over 100 Latin-language documents and extracts from American and European sources, analyzed and translated. They include extracts from birth, death, and marriage records of various formats; diplomas; parish histories; diocesan directories; armorials; and legal records.
* a section on Latin grammar, phonetics, and spelling;
* information on how to locate records in America and Europe;
* a chapter on gazetteers and how to use them, followed by a list of selected place names in Latin and their modern equivalents;
* a 128-page vocabulary, with particular emphasis on the terms likely to be found in records, including occupations, causes of death, terms used in titles, and so forth;
* a 22-page list of Latin given names with their equivalents in Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Spanish, and Ukrainian.
Soft cover, perfect bound, with 420 bindery pages, 8.5" x 11", weight 2 lb., 5 oz.