LDS Film #1820361
Census Film T625 Enumeration District #134 - Park Ridge Road - Niles Township,
Illinois Roll 361
(Birthplace is U.S.A. unless shown - Father's birthplace is Poland unless
Note: The name spellings may not be correct - the census taker was not Polish.
Historical Note: St. Hedwig's Orphanage was founded in
1910 by Rev. Paul Rhode with contributions from the Polish parishes and
institutions of Chicago. The original three-story building was divided
into two sections--a training and industrial school for boys and a school
for girls. In 1920 the total population was 670 children ages 2 to 15.
St. Hedwig's Orphanage was closed in 1959 and the remaining children were
transferred to Angel Guardian Orphanage. Records for deceased residents
are available from the Archdiocese of Chicago only to those who can prove
their relationship with certified documents. Indexed by Rosalie Lindberg