of the church in Zasów, Poland.
July 2001. Photo and text by James J. Czuchra.
Zasów parish consisted of 11 settlements: Dąbie,
Dąbrówka, Mokre, Róża,
Wiewiórka, Borowa, Przerytybór, Kalary, Jaźwiny,
Czarna, Zasów, and part of Jawornik Stary. The date the parish was established
is not known. At the end of the nineteenth century, parish registers dating
back to 1655 existed.1 On a visit to the church in July 2001,
the existing registers only went back to the late 1700s. Each village
within the parish had its own register. On the film from which this index
was prepared, Kalary and Jawornik Stary did not have separate entries.
The marriages on this film were manuscript copies of parish registers
that were forwarded to the diocesan office.2 The film was read
in 1989-1990 and database was built in 1996. The records begin in 1806
and run through about 1870. Certain years of records were missing from
the film for most of the villages in the parish. They are 1816, 1819,
1824, 1826, 1843, 1845, 1849, 1853, 1866, most of 1869 and 1870.