This list provides a few facts about each parish and
any available information on parish records. The dates given for the latter
do not necessarily indicate the availability of vital statistics registers,
but the earliest known historical documentation found at the parish level.
This could include correspondence with diocesan officials, a parish charter,
or other administrative records.
ul. Bpa M. Kromera 16-A
Kleczany, Korczyna, Strzeszyn
births 1777, deaths and marriages 1784
A fortification existed in Biecz since the 11th century.
The settlement grew and the town was a county seat from the 14th-18th
century. The parish was first mentioned in manuscript sources at the end
of the 13th century. In 1395 a hospital was founded as part of the parish
holdings whose construction was financed by local merchants and Queen
Jadwiga. The parish church (Corpus Christi) was erected in the second
half of the 15th century. It is of late Gothic-style architecture. Numerous
works of art, including paintings and sculptures, can be found here. The
rectory dates from the 1930's.
36- 105 Cmolas
Cmolas, Hadykowka Mechowiec, Zarebki
births 1695, marriages 1696, deaths 1786
The parish was founded by a group of knights in 1422.
Prior to 1489, it served as a mission church to the parish in Mielec.
In 1783 the village of Trqesqowka was separated from the parish's territory
and a new parish was created there. A parish hospital was founded in 1647.
The stone church building was erected between 1957-1961 (Transfiguration).
The old parish church remains as a filial church. It was erected in 1649
and enlarged in 1660. The parish rectory was constructed in 1908.
Parafia Rzymsko-katolicka sw. Jadwigi
ul. sw. Jadwigi 11
The settlement of De~bica was first noted in documentary
sources in 1326. In 1358 King Casimir the Great granted the locality a
town charter. The parish church was founded by knights in the second half
of the 13th century. The original parish territory once comprised the
town of Debica and surrounding villages. New parishes established in the
1970's and 1980's reduced the size of the parish, which now serves the
western portion of the city. The parish church was erected in the late
1500's. It was renovated after a fire in 1705 and again in 1945, after
being partially destroyed during wartime hostilities.
Zdziarzec, Radomys~l Wielki (daughter parish of Zdziarzec)
1900 (mother parish's vital records: 1869)
Although the village of Dulcza Wielka existed in 1508,
a parish was not established here until August 1, 1938. The present stone
church structure (Holy Trinity) was built between 1951-1956.
39-307 Gawl~uszowice 22
Padew, Borowa, Domacyny
Brzyscie, Gawl~uszowice, Kliszow, Krzemienica, Ostrowek, Rozniaty, Wola
The parish was founded circa 1215. At the end of the
14th century its territory was divided and a portion was given to a newly-formed
parish in Padew. In 1403 its land area was further reduced by the establishment
of a parish in Borowa and again in 1951 when the parish at Borki Niziqnskie
was erected. The wooden parish church (St. Wojciech) was built in 1677
by the Ossoliqnski family.
Pl. Kos~cielny 1
woj. Nowy Sa~cz
Se~kowa, Szymbark, Kobylanka
births 1679, marriages 1776, deaths 1784
The settlement at Gorlice was granted a town charter
in 1417. The parish was established in the late 1300's. The current church
(Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary) built between 1878-1892, was damaged
during both World Wars (1915 and 1944) and subsequently restored. This
was the mother parish for two others in the city established in the 1980's.
ul. Narutowicza 6
Cmolas, Kupno, Przedbo~rz, Trzeso~wka
Kolbuszowa, Kolbuszowa Dolna, Kolbuszowa Go~rna, Nowa Wies~, S~wierczo~w
The first mention of Kolbuszowa in historical sources
in 1508 described it as a rural settlement. The parish was financed here
by the Tarnowski family and erected in 1523. The parish was reduced in
size in 1925 with the establishment of a parish at Kupno and again in
1929 when a parish was created at Przedbo~rz. The parish church (All Saints),
built in 1750, was originally a baroque structure whose architectural
style was altered by later renovations. The church was heavily damaged
by fire in 1852. Significant improvements and expansions were made in
ul. S~wierzewskiego 1
woj. Nowy Sa~cz
Siekierczyna, Pisarzowa, Sl~opnice
Limanowa, Lipowe, Mordarka. Sowliny, Stara Wies~
births and marriages 1644, deaths 1725.
The settlement here was established by Ahacy Jordan prior
to 1498 and originally bore the name "Jordano~w." In 1565 King
Zygmunt August granted the town a charter. The Jordan family was instrumental
in the founding of the parish church in 1513. The parish lost territory
after World War II as a new parish was erected in Siekierczyna. Also part
of the village of Sowlina was transferred to a neighboring parish. The
parish church (Our Lady of Sorrows), constructed of brick and stone, was
built in the period 1911-1918, replacing the former wooden edifice.
ul. Ko~scielna 18
woj. Nowy Sa~cz
Jazowsko, Kamienica, Czarny Potok
Czerniec, L~a~cko, Maszkowice, Szczere~z
births and marriages 1786, deaths 1785
Originally the property of knights in the 1200's, the
village became the property of the Sisters of St. Claire in 1280. The
parish was erected in the 1100's, although there is no definitive documentation
to support this estimate. In 1957 the parish's territory was reduced with
the establishment of a new parish at Wola Piskulina. The present stone
church edifice (St. John the Baptist) was constructed in the early part
of the 18th century.
ul. Hetman~ska 34
Mielec, Pia~tkowiec, Wola Mielecka
The village of Mielec was founded prior to 1229. In 1457
King Casimir granted the town a charter. The parish here was founded prior
to 1428. Several parishes were formed from its territory over the centuries:
Zgo~rsko in 1583, Rz~edzianowice in 1930, Mielec-Osiedle in 1947 and Trzciane
in 1959. Currently the parish serves the west and south portions of the
city. The parish church of St. Matthew, constructed between 1678- 1721
and financed by the Ossolinski family is a stone Baroque-style structure.
39-453 Padew 226
Gawl~uszowice, Domacyny, Jas~lany
Ke~blo~w, Padew, Pierzchne, Wojko~w
births and marriages 1673, deaths 1718
Financed by the royal court, the parish at Padew was
erected in the latter part of the 14th century from the parish at Gawl~uszowice.
The church (St. Bartholomew) is a stone structure built in 1886. It underwent
restoration in 1947 following damage inflicted during World War II.
ul. Biskupska 5
Rudka, Zabawa, Zdrochec, Borz~ecin
Leka Siedlecka, Niwka, Radl~o~w, Sanoka, Wola Radlowska
births 1609, marriages 1670, deaths 1762
The parish at Radl~o~w was founded by the Bishop of Krako~w
and is first mentioned in manuscript sources in 1326. In 1925 two new
parishes were formed from its territory at Zabawa and Zdrochec. In 1942
Rudka was also separated from the original parish territory. The Gothic
church of St. John the Baptist was built in 1337, financed by Bishop Jan
Grot. In 1915 the church was severely damaged during wartime hostilities.
By 1926 reconstruction and renovations were nearly complete, which not
only repaired but enlarged the old church.
33-225 Radomysl Wielki
ul. S~wiercze~wskiego 4
Dulcza Wielka, Zgo~rsko, Ruda, Zdziarzec
Biesow-Ruda, Radomys~l Wielki, Wolka Dulecka
Vital records: 1599
Radomysl Wielki received its town charter from Stefan
Batory in 1581. The parish, funded by Mikolaj Firlej, was established
in 1599. In 1925 a portion of the parish's territory was ceded to the
new parish at Jamy. The church (Transfiguration), erected in 1779 with
the financial assistance of Eliasz Wodzicki, was severely damaged in 1944.
Rebuilding was complete by 1950.
Delastowice, Slipiec, Podgoszcz
Da~browica, Lubasz, L~e~ka Szczucin~ska, L~e~ka Z~abiecka, Radwan, Skrzynka,
Vital records: 1900
Territorially a large parish. the parish at Szczucin,
founded in the late 1200's, included 23 villages on both sides of the
Wis~la river. In 1623 the parish at Sl~upiec was founded from its territory:
Delastowice in 1950 and Wolka Mqedrzechowska in 1951. The construction
of the brick church was begun in 1680 and not completed until the early
1700's. It was slightly damaged during World War II and renovated in 1959-1960.
34-603 Ujanowice 1
woj. Nowy Sa~cz
Z~miaca, Z~bikowice, L~ososina Dolna, Karnionka Mal~a
Sechna, Strzeszyce, Ujanowice
Blessed Kinga founded the village of Ujanowice in 1268
and the parish followed several decades later. In 1950 Jaworzno was separated
from the parish and a new parish was erected there. The present church
building (St. Michael the Archangel) was built in 1509-1526, financed
by the Sisters of St. Claire in Stary Sa~cz. The church was renovated
and expanded in 1870 and again in 1961.